LIFESPAN Travel Grants 2018
LIFESPAN TRAVEL GRANT DECISIONS, February 2018 call
Jani Rahkila, 800 euros
Juho-Antti Mäkelä, 500 euros
Paula Pennanen, 445 euros
Konrad Patyra, 335 euros
Heidi Tuominen, 500 euros
Miina Nurmi, 500 euros
Deepankar Chakroborty, 800 euros
Olli Moisio, 500 euros
Maarit Koskinen, 200 euros
Margareeta Mäkelä, 500 euros
Vidal Fey, 800 euros
Mohd Moin Khan, 800 euros
Lifespan travel grant call rules and instructions:
1) The applicant has to be a member of a Lifespan group
2) For international travels within Europe one can apply for max 500 eur and for travels outside Europe one can apply for max 800 eur. For important national meetings, one can apply for max 200 eur.
3) Doctoral students are prioritized over postdoctoral researchers in Lifespan travel grant call.
4) You can receive only one Lifespan travel grant for an international meeting / year
5) Lifespan travel grant is a SECONDARY source of support. You need to apply for 100% support from other primary sources (such as the Turku University Foundation, other foundations, graduate school) for all travel expenses before you are entitled to receive a travel grant from Lifespan. Please present the funding plan in the application form (“Funding from other sources”) to indicate which primary sources you have applied (or will apply) for the funding. Lifespan makes decisions conditionally, and the Lifespan grant is paid only if the decisions of the primary sources are negative, or if the received sums are not enough to cover all the travel expenses.
6) Travel and costs need to take place during year 2018.
7) Travel grant application has to contain following pieces of information:
– Name and title of the applicant, site of research/institution and his/her supervisor
– The name, location and time of the meeting
– Submitted abstract (poster or oral presentation)/ other justification
*Remember to specify whether the grant applicant also presents the poster
– Proof that the abstract has been submitted and/or accepted
– Title of the presentation
– Budget breakdown and other sources of funding